The UK Asynchronous Forum
Purpose: an informal 1-day meeting where those working in asynchronous
design in the UK (and particularly research students) can meet to present
and discuss ideas.
NB: not restricted to, but optimised for,
Position: complementary to the ACiD (Europe) and international async. conference;
lower cost to permit wider access for less developed ideas. After
discussions with Mark Josephs, we will run the event 'in cooperation with
ACiD-WG (Esprit Nr
Frequency: 6 monthly, timed to coincide with student vacations to
make cheap accommodation available.
Location: peripatetic - moving round the UK.
day 1: am travel; pm meet; evening dinner.
day 2: am meet; pm travel;
Proceedings: no formal proceeding; copies of slides available after
Programme: a panel to choose presentations from abstracts submitted
List of Forums
If you are interested in supporting the forum (or are dead against it) I
would appreciate hearing from you
on the following matters:
Please mention this to anyone who may be interested and contact
firstname.lastname@example.org (who is
trying to compile a UK async email list!)
- how should the forum be modified?
- how many people might attend from your institution?
- who might be suitable to serve on a steering committee for the event?
- who might be suitable to serve on the presentation selection panel?
- how should the steering committee & panel be selected?
- should the steering committee be the same as the panel?
- any other suggestions?