Please let us know how you are getting on!
I would very much like to get feedback from LARD users about your
experiences - good or bad. Please let me know what features you would
like to see in future versions (though I'm afraid I can't promise to
act on your suggestions). Mail me at email@example.com.
LARD Mailing List
There is now an email list to distribute information about LARD. I'll
send out information about new versions and other information to this
list. To subscribe, send a message containing just the line
"subscribe lard-users" in the body to Majordomo@cs.man.ac.uk. The
server will reply asking for confirmation before adding you to the
list. If you have any problems getting this to work please mail me.
If you come across what you think is a bug, please report it to me.
It would be very helpful if you could include as much of the following
information as possible. If in doubt, include it!
Finally, before sending in your report, please check the Known Bugs
section of the release notes for the version you are using to see if
the problem is already known about.
- The command you typed to get the error.
- The complete output of the command.
- The settings of your environment variables.
- The type of system that you are using (e.g. the output of uname
- The complete input to the program. If your program is long it
would be helpful if you could reduce it to a reasonable simple
case that still exhibits the error.
- If the error occured when running lcd, please run it again with
the -v flag and send the output.
- If the error occured when lcd was running lc (i.e. the last line
output by lcd -v started lc), please run it again with the -Cv flag
and send the output.
- If the error occured in li, please send any .lirc files (i.e. in
your home directory, in the current directory, and specific to the
file that you are running).
- If the error occured in li and appeared in an error dialog box,
please press "Stack Trace" and send the output. You should be able to
copy and paste from the error window to your mailer.
- If the error occured in li, please send the sequence of commands
or mouse actions that you used to cause the error.
- If the error was a segmentation fault or bus error, try running
gdb or a similar debugger on the core file and send the output of the