Lard Execution Environment
LARD programs can use the msg command to send
diagnostics and other information to the user via the execution
environment. The msg module provides various useful ways in which
this information can be presented.
If the msg module is not loaded messages are send to standard
The msg module sorts messages according to the block from which they
originate. In order to distinguish between different types of message
it is therefore necessary to implement a block hierarchy in your
design using the is
For each block that produces messages a button is displayed in the
selector. This selects between the following behaviours for messages
from that block:
The default behaviour for new blocks can be set using the Messages
menu in the selector window.
- Messages from this block are discarded.
- Time View
- Messages from this block are shown on a trace in the time view
display as blobs and/or databoxes.
- Messages from this block cause the simulation to stop and a dialog
box to appear showing the message. The user can then choose to
continue the simulation or stop.
- Messages from this block are listed in the messages window.
- Messages from this block are shown with the simulator's standard
output in the input/output window.